Programa de Pós-graduação Mestrado Profissional em Ensino de Geografia em Rede
The Universidade Federal de Pernambuco – UFPE - is a leading Brazilian public university. UFPE began its activities over 70 years ago, in 1946.
The Post Graduate Program in Nuclear and Energetic Technologies (PGPNET) is linked to the Center of Technology and Geosciences (CTG/UFPE), the Department of Nuclear Energy (DEN).
The PGPNET has originated from the Master Postgraduate Program in Nuclear Science and Technology created in 1977. The Doctorate Post Graduate Program has started in 1997. In 2008, it was approved the Post Graduate Program in association with the Northeast Regional Center of Nuclear Sciences (CRCN-NE) from the Brazilian Nuclear Energy Commission (CNEN).
Our Post Graduate Program is qualified at the level 5 (maximum of 7) by the Brazilian Federal Agency for the Support and Evaluation of Graduate Education (CAPES), being the main Postgraduate Program in Nuclear and Energy Sciences in the Northeast Region from Brazil. The PGPNET involves the Radioisotope Applications in Environment and Agriculture, the Radioisotope Applications in Industry and Medicine, Dosimetry and Nuclear Instrumentation, Reactor Engineering and Renewable Energy Sources. Currently, PGPNET counts with 24 faculty members and two administration staff.
Advisors in Alphabetical Order
- Ademir Jesus Amaral
- Ana Dolores Santiago de Freitas
- André Maciel Netto
- Antônio Celso Dantas Antonino
- Carlos Alberto Brayner de O. Lira
- Carlos Costa Dantas
- Chigueru Tiba
- Clovis A. Hazin
- Edvane Borges
- Elmo Silvano de Araújo
- Elvis Joacir de França
- Everardo V. de Sá Barreto Sampaio
- Fernando Roberto de Andrade Lima
- Helen Jamil Khoury
- José Araujo dos Santos Junior
- Katia Aquino
- Luiz Antonio Pereira dos Santos
- Mércia Liane de Oliveira
- Naum Fraidenraich
- Olga de Castro Vilela
- Pedro Luiz Guzzo
- Romilton dos Santos Amaral
- Rômulo Simões Cezar Menezes
- Vinicius Saito de Barros
- Nilvânia Monteiro (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kalydja Izabel Santos Lopes da Silva (email@example.com)
The Department of Nuclear Energy, associated with the CRCN-NE, offers programs leading to the Master and Doctorate degrees. The PGPNET counts with 24 faculty members with Doctor in Science degree, well-equipped research laboratories covering the most important areas in Nuclear and Energy fields, two modern library systems, wireless network throughout the campus and an outstanding atmosphere for learning and researching. Since 1977, over 356 Masters and 144 Doctors in Science have graduated at the PGPTEN/UFPE.
Course duration: 24 months
Credits from disciplines: 24 (1 credit = 15 hours)
Course duration: 48 months
Credits from disciplines: 24 (1 credit = 15 hours)
1. Applications of gamma-ray and X-ray to tomography, reconstruction, fluid dynamics and non destructible tests
2. Applications of radiations in nuclear medicine, radiotherapy and radiodiagnosis
3. Applications of radiation in polymeric systems and nanostructures
5. Applications of gamma-ray and X-ray radiations to the 3D imaging and non destructible tests
6. Biogeochemical cycling in terrestrial ecosystems
7. Agro meteorological instrumentation
8. Radioecology and environmental analyses
9. Energy and mass transference in the soil-plant-atmosphere system
11. Environmental dosimetry
12. Computational dosimetry
13. Solid state dosimetry
14. Retrospective dosimetry, chronology and conservation of cultural heritage
15. Radiation metrology
16. Thermo hydraulic and neutron analysis of nuclear systems
17. Energetic and chemical use of biomass sources
18. Development of components and photovoltaic, thermoelectric (solar) and wind systems
19. Materials and photovoltaic conversion process
20. Materials for energy technology
21. Measurement, assessment and mapping of wind and solar resources
22. Biomass sustainable production
23. Photovoltaic, thermoelectric (solar) and wind power plants linked to the network, or autonomous
- Radiology Protection Laboratory (http://www.lpr-den.com.br/)
- Ionizing Radiation Metrology Laboratory (http://www.grupodoin.com/)
- Laboratory of Soil Contamination Assessment (www.ufpe.br)
- Laboratory of Radioecology and Environmental Control (www.ufpe.br)
- Laboratory of Polymers and Nanostructures (www.ufpe.br)
- CRCN-NE (www.crcn.gov.br)
How to apply
Applicants to our Postgraduate Program must visit the respective homepage (in Portuguese) to get information on the admission process by following the given instructions.
Scholarships and Grants
Since UFPE is a public university, there are no tuition fees (all expenses are covered by the Brazilian Government). Hence, the program is free to all admitted students, including foreign ones.
In addition, students enrolled in the Postgraduate Program in Nuclear Energetic Technologies may receive a scholarship from CAPES — Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior, CNPq — Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico, or from other governmental agencies, according to availability.
PPGNET receives a quota of scholarships from each agency and distributes them among students according to the criteria established by the Admission Committee. Full-time students will have priority for receiving scholarships from the Program.
Candidates from developing countries can also apply for scholarships from the CAPES PEC-PG program. More information on how to apply and the list of participant countries can be found here.
Supervisors may also have scholarships obtained through projects funded by CNPq, FACEPE or by companies. The supervisors manage such scholarships independently.
Financial aid to support participation in scientific events:
PPGNET provides financial support to (partially) cover the expenses of students presenting papers in scientific events in Brazil and abroad. Information about how to obtain this kind of support can be found on our webpage.
Our e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the International Cooperation from the UFPE web page, there are information for VISA, Student Assistance (Accommodation, Food, Transport and Currency Exchange), Application procedure, Course registration, etc.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How to contact the Post Graduation Secretary?
The electronic e-mail is email@example.com
How to know the admissible research areas?
At the website, find the webpage on the admission process. In the document, it is possible to see all applications available, including the research areas. In all cases, send an e-mail to the secretary in order to obtain more information.
Departamento de Ciências GeográficasCentro de Filosofia e Ciências Humanas
Av. da Arquitetura, s/n, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco Centro de Filosofia e Ciências Humanas - CFCH, 6º andar, sala 604 CEP: 50740-550, Cidade Universitária, Recife-PEprofgeo.firstname.lastname@example.org (81) 2126-8277